Cannot compiled

Topics: Bug Discussion, Feature Requests
Jul 15, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Sorry for annoy your team, but I really interresting in your project. I have 2 questions.

1. I cannot compile the project (The first time I can, but I uninstall and remove DB, then reinstall again).

Could not load file or assembly

'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.

The system cannot find the file specified.    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Tackle\web.config  

Any suggestion? I use visual studio 2008 with AjaxToolkit 3.0

2. The reason I reinstall because I cannot see the Administrator features. I confused with the document that said

"Enter into this field the alias of the person who will be the administrator of the Tackle instance." What I need to enter?

Is it the window user name?  I know this is very stupid question caused I try to search on the forum but the explanation still uncleard.

If it use the windows user name, document just say exactly, and if use the windows account, why don't the Installer take care this part?

First time I install, I enter 'admin', I found it in the user table (tblUser)  but I cannot use the admin features. The forum say to try to add an account, so i use

the administrator (the Windows user account of mine) but still cannot use admin features.

Thank for advacne.

Developer
Nov 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM

It is probable that the version of the System.Web.Extensions.dll on your system is newer than 1.0. If you locate the System.Web.Extensions.dll installed on your system you can use powershell to get the full name with the command [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("THE FULL PATH OF THE DLL HERE").FullName

You should then search and replace in your web.config file.

Not sure about #2

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM

The account to enter as the admin is the windows alias of the user you want to have administrative access initially. As it's possible that the person installing the software may not be the appropriate administrator, we didn't fill it in automatically.