Installing Tackle on a hosted environment

Topics: Tackle Installation
Nov 1, 2007 at 7:54 PM
Our physically-distributed team would like to evaluate using Tackle. However, it seems that we need to install/configure Tackle with administrative rights. Since it's a setup program, I wouldn't be able to install Tackle on the many shared hosted environments out there, would I? Even if my hosting provider (www.crystaltech.com) gives me ASP.NET 2.0, Ajax Extensions and SQL Server 2005, there's isn't an easy way to just publish the necessary *.aspx files up to my host is there?

Alternatively, is anyone aware of a host that actually has Tackle pre-installed or offers Tackle hosting?

Thanks,
Minh T. Nguyen.
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2007 at 1:14 AM
We have thought about hosting tackle out there but there are many things that rely on Windows Authentication which makes the task of general hosting harder. I wish I had the bandwidth to write a forms-authentication front-end but I just don't. If that did exist, it'd make tackle much simpler for hosting.
Jan 27, 2008 at 2:20 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2008 at 2:21 AM
I have forms authentication mostly implemented on a local copy and it is (again, mostly) working properly on GoDaddy.com shared windows hosting.

If there is interest can I integrate it into the main project? Or how would you like to do this?
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 5:07 PM
Wow, that's really cool :) Sorry for the slow response to this - been working on other projects that need to ship as well...

If you want to send me a zip file of what you have, I can post that up to this site and make it available for people to download?
Jun 9, 2008 at 5:51 AM
Were you ever able to complete the forms authentication?