This project is read-only.

Cannot see admin option

Topics: Bug Discussion, Tackle Installation
Oct 2, 2007 at 7:42 PM
I have checked the forums and see this is a common problem. It does not work for me either. domain or no domain i enabled windows auth and disabled anonymous. I can't login. Also i got the masterpage.cs and masterpagepage.master but how am i supposed to see my username ?
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2007 at 8:51 PM
if you've put the new master pages in to the site, restart your browser and go to the tackle url. On the right hand side, just under the banner, you should see:

"Welcome: aliasgoeshere as user" - where the alias tackle is seeing you as is aliasgoeeshere.

Post back what you are seeing, and I'll be able to help from there.
Oct 2, 2007 at 9:02 PM
Thank you for replying. I placed the master pages in the root of the tackle website but i don't see anything different when i reopen my browser and go to the site.
Oct 4, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2007 at 10:36 PM
I'm having the same issue - I've gone through this tutorial

http://www.flex.shallwelearn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/setupscrumtackle1.htm

and added the master pages which shows me up as "Welcome: as ReadOnly".

I've set myself up as the administrator (I think) when I set up the install. This is on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 box that has the SQL Svr 5 and IIS 6 installed. I get the readonly if I try to do it from there or remotely on another machine via the website.

More Info: I've gone in and turned off "Enable Anonymous access" in IIS and SQL SVR server authentication is "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode". Still no love...=(

Not sure what else I'm doing wrong. Pointers? More info?
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 3:39 AM
ScottM: Are you sure you have the latest masterpage files copied in. I can't think of a way that the Welcome: section wouldn't appear. Can you grab a screenshot and post it somewhere or email me it at sean.jenkin@microsoft.com so I can see it.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 3:42 AM
SpaceCowboy850: A couple of things to check...

1. Do you have sharepoint installed (or ever had) on that server? There is an overriding anonymous flag that needs to be turned off for Tackle to work.
2. Can you take a look at tblUsers and post up what records are in the table?

It concerns me that you aren't actually getting an alias between "Welcome:" and "as ReadOnly". This is indicating that the Windows User you are logging onto the server with isn't being read correctly. When you turned off anonymous access, did this text change at all?

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:59 PM
1) No - no sharepoint is installed on this server. Not sure about it ever having been installed. I don't see anything that would tell me it has.
2) tblUsers
UserID - UserName - fDefaultScrumTeamID
1 - browlett - 1
2 - Guest - 1

browlett is my login on this system.

Turning off anonymous access did not change the text of the welcome message.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 6:50 PM
Can you email me at sean.jenkin@microsoft.com. I want to send you an updated masterpage.master.cs file to get more debugging information to see what's actually going on here.
Nov 26, 2007 at 5:51 PM
Same problem here, the "Welcome: as ReadOnly" message is what I see in Tackle - Home Page, the tblUsers was edited to change the user name to my windows login user, but still doesn't work. Please if some other workaround can be possible, let everyone here know. TIA.
Nov 26, 2007 at 11:52 PM
I also followed the instructions that are explained here:

http://www.flex.shallwelearn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/setupscrumtackle1.htm

I have Tackle working now, and don't know what was the cause of it. I think that the problem was a missing Refresh in the navigator.
Jan 23, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Go to tblUser update the first row to Your account in Windows. Eg: Administrator. And restart the IE or Firefox.
Apr 2, 2008 at 4:47 PM
I also had the "Welcome: as ReadOnly" issue. No matter what I tried the Page.User.Identity.Name was comming up blank. If I changed the username on the guest account in tblUser I could not even get to the first page. In the end I added <authentication mode="Windows"></authentication> to the system.web node of the web.config. After adding this line the system started picking up my windows account.

Windows XP
IIS 5.1
.Net 2.0
Oct 1, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I am getting the same error and have tried the steps above, all of which have not worked.  Any further developments to resolve this?

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Send me an email at sean.jenkin@microsoft.com with your web.config file along with the contents of the tblUser table. I'll take a look and see what I can help with.