This project is read-only.

Intallation Rollbacks during install on vista

Topics: Tackle Installation
Aug 24, 2007 at 5:40 PM
During the install of the web portion of Tackle the installation almost finishes then starts to roll back. I have turned off UAC. Is there any special settings besides mixed mode in IIS that I need to set?
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2007 at 6:48 PM
I'm not sure what would be calling the rollback, there might be something in the event log though?

Are you able to get the db installed by choosing to not install the web portion?
Aug 24, 2007 at 9:24 PM
The installation gets almost done then the installation says Rollback action an uninstalls.

Event Log
Information 8/24/2007 3:19:01 PM MsiInstaller 1033 None
Information 8/24/2007 3:19:01 PM MsiInstaller 11708 None

Yes the database installs correctly. I am trying to install on Vista.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Vista installs have worked for me and others so I know it works.

Let me double-check a few things:

1. IIS is installed and running?
2. ASP.Net / .Net 2.0 framework is installed
3. AJAX ASP.Net is installed

Aug 24, 2007 at 10:40 PM
Yes IIS is installed and running
Yes ASP.NET /.NET 2.0 FRAMEWORK is installed
AJAX ASP IS Installed

I was able to get Tackle installed on another computer but I am not able to access the administration menu at all. I've seen a couple of other posting on this but no real resolution to the problem. Any help would be great.
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2007 at 7:00 AM
this will be one of two things.

1. Windows authentication is not set up by default on vista (or even installed). See the discussion post "Erreur HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized'
2. The incorrect admin name is in the database - when you installed, did you enter your alias for the admin alias in the installer.

Sep 25, 2007 at 1:00 PM
Hi JLorenzen,
I have exactly the same problem as you on two different Vista machines. I can't install at all. I can see that it creates the database but i still get the rollback.
I have Visual Studio 2005 installed on both machines. Could that be a problem ? SQLEXPRESS is installed as a part of that.

anyone that has a solution to this problem ?

mihaim
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2007 at 6:32 PM
Please ensure you have all the pre-req's installed and UAC turned off during the install.
Sep 26, 2007 at 3:59 PM
I have already done that.....still same problem. there must be a problem in the installation since i get it on two different Vista pc's and that JLorenzen is also seeing same problem.

mihaim
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2007 at 2:14 AM
I know you can install under Vista as that's the OS I built and initially tested the installer under.

If you have MSN Messenger setup, and don't mind, I'm happy to arrange a time to do a remote assistance to your computer and help with the install issues directly. Just let me know at sean.jenkin@microsoft.com
Jan 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM
I'm having the same problem. This seems to be the relevant portion of the install log, which I enabled:

Action 10:42:06: caCreateVRoots. Creating IIS Virtual Roots...
MSI (s) (E4:38) 10:42:06:176: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=caCreateVRoots,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=CreateIISVRoots,CustomActionData=C:\Users\pekj\AppData\Local\Temp\IISA933.tmp)
MSI (s) (E4:40) 10:42:06:192: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSICB71.tmp, Entrypoint: CreateIISVRoots
1: Unable to open the IIS Admin Service
1: OpenService returned the following: ERRORSERVICEDOESNOTEXIST
1: Error with IISRT: -1102
Action ended 10:42:06: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

This machine is a functioning IIS 7 installation. Anyone know what service it's actually looking for?

- jp
Jan 6, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Resolved. turns out I didn't have the complete set of IIS components installed. When I turned everything on, installation completed successfully.
jp
Jan 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM
I have IIS7 - but did not have the II6 compatibility installed. After installing the all II6 compatibility options the install completed.