Step by Step Tackle Install Guide

Topics: Tackle Installation
Aug 16, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Hi all,

Though the installation that comes with Tackle was very helpful, I had to struggle through my installation process because I am not very familiar with IIS, SQL Server, and ASP.NET. With the help of this forum, other Microsoft sources and some googling, I was able to install Tackle on my XP machine. I would like to share my learning experience in the format of a detailed installation guide with lots of screenshots taken from my laptop. Here is the link: http://www.flex.shallwelearn.com/blog/archives/68

-wchiang_100
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for posting this, I'm going to add it to the install / download page as a secondary guide for install.

I noticed you are using firefox. There is a known issue with the tackle reports and firefox. If you run into that, then the info that's been qouted to me is:

"It’s kinda a hack, but I just added an image (a 1px white line) to the header of the report and dynamically sized it to the width of the report."

Hopefully that'll help.

Thanks again.
Sean
Aug 17, 2007 at 10:21 AM
Hey thanks for your kind words. Thanks also for the work you guys done on Tackle. I was very excited when I finally got Tackle to install and run on my XP box, that I can't wait to share it. I would gladly share my Tackle learning experience in the future.

I started testing using FireFox and spent so much time scratching my head as why it kept asking me for username and password, no matter what I do to IIS. Should have done a bit gooling first :-) Anyway, thanks for the reporting tip. I am sure it will come in handy in no time.

Jessica