This project is read-only.

You folks *REALLY* need to add a login

Topics: Bug Discussion, Feature Requests, Suggestions, Tackle Installation, Tackle Questions
Jul 23, 2007 at 3:38 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2007 at 4:01 PM
It's unbelievably difficult to understand why there is not a login portlet/module/whatever, so that people/members of a team can login and logout. The default install, has some user named 'Alias', but once the install is complete, there is no way to LOGIN ANYWHERE!

This makes a potentially very useful tool into something that doesn't pass the first usability test. I can't think of a website anywhere, that doesn't offer a user a way to login, to parcel out roles and security. You are alone there. And people will not flock to this product until you have a clear login item on the home page and on the menu.

And I mean a login in the web page. Not just assuming windows authentication, but assuming windows authentication WITH a login box. Too bad. I had high hopes for using this in our next project.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2007 at 12:33 AM
Sorry your OOB experience hasn't been great. Hopefully you took a few moments to read the install documents and to go through the tutorials?
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2007 at 12:46 AM
There is a page to setup users and roles - its under the admin / users menu. Once there you can add users, set perms, etc.

Also, given you have all the source available, if you want to write a login page, feel free. Post the source up and we'll incorporate it into the product.