This project is read-only.

How do I enable Administration menu?

Topics: Feature Requests
Jun 25, 2007 at 9:49 AM
I installed tackle and was able to get to the home page. But I found the Administration menu disabled and so could not create scrum teams, users etc.. Could anyone tell me how to enable the administration menu?
Jun 25, 2007 at 11:05 AM

byju75 wrote:
I installed tackle and was able to get to the home page. But I found the Administration menu disabled and so could not create scrum teams, users etc.. Could anyone tell me how to enable the administration menu?

I got the solution myself by modifying the tblUsers table. I modified the alias name with my domain useraccount.
Jul 23, 2007 at 3:41 PM
That's very helpfule, but there's a serious problem when so many of us have to go into a table and 'login'.

The bigger question, IMO, is, 'why isn't there a login?' I've created multiple membership providers using the built in capabilities of .NET Framework 2. That's about as simple as you can get. Heck, there's even a beginner's tutorial on it in the ASP.NET/Learn page. No login, is, well, it's the only website I have ever seen that doesn't have a login page and forces people to change tables, especially with the MembershipProvider built in to .NET.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2007 at 12:35 AM
You shouldn't need to go into the table and modify it unless you didn't enter the correct admin alias during installation. The other reason you might be missing the admin menu is if the install failed to turn off anonymous access when the install occured.
Jul 26, 2007 at 7:08 AM
so byju 75 if you were part of the test domain with user id byju75 did you add "test\byju75" to the tblUsers or just byju75. I tried both on the domain and havent been able to get it to work
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2007 at 6:21 PM
Domains are not required, it should just be your username for the windows account you're logged in under. If you edit masterpage.master.cs, find the function AuthorizeUser() and after the declaration of the username (string UserName = ...) put in this line

Response.Write(UserName);

When you then run tackle, you'll see the username appear. Get back to me with what appears and we'll help you from there.
Jul 26, 2007 at 8:09 PM
I put one before the identity check and one after and it just comes up with an empty string

Response.Write("User before : "+Page.User.Identity.Name);
string UserName = Page.User.Identity.Name.Substring(Page.User.Identity.Name.IndexOf("\\") + 1);
Response.Write("User : "+UserName);

what I come up with is ...

User before : User :
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Are you logging into a domain or workgroup?
Jul 27, 2007 at 10:57 PM
Domain
Jul 27, 2007 at 11:36 PM
Hey sean is there any way you can send me the code to this project including the solution and project files.
If I have that I could debug this or look at a way of adding an alternate login screen.

I know I could take the files and compile them into my own project but it would be great if you could send the code (maybe in a zipped folder) to my email noronha1978@gmail.com that way I would have any and all dependencies already configured and I'd probably just have to install the asp.net extension.

And if you'd do that, I'll send you back what I find out once I trouble shoot the issue and also add a possible alternate login screen.
Please let me know if that would be a possiblility. Thanks a lot all your help on this
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2007 at 12:50 AM
email sent.
Aug 2, 2007 at 12:45 PM
Hi all,
I've installed Tackle... I've read all posts ... I've changed users (according with alias...etc) directly from database,
but I'm still not able to see the homepage :( What should I do, what's wrog? I don't have a domain, just a workgroup.
Any idea/help will be very apreciated
Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Email me at sean.jenkin@microsoft.com and tell me what you do see and we'll get you going. Once we've worked out whats going on, I'll post the solution here.