How do I remove a feature with tasks from a sprint?

Topics: Tackle Questions
Jun 20, 2007 at 3:21 PM
I have a couple of features that were added to a new sprint and now have several tasks under them that I would like to take out of this sprint and just return to the product feature backlog. Is there any way to take a feature out of a sprint so that it retains its sub-tasks when it's put back into a future sprint? I could punt each of the tasks, but that seems to make each of them a new feature in the product backlog. I could also delete all of the sub-tasks, but then someone would have to enter them again later when the feature is put into a new sprint. Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2007 at 2:26 AM
Move the time for each task in the feature to be the correct amount of time in the punted column. Then when the sprint is over, use the complete sprint page (sprint menu) and mark that feature as "Mark as Complete/Create from Punted". That will create a new single feature, with each task as part of the description. It will display something like this in the product backlog description field...

This is the description of the task
Task: Task 1's description owneralias/timeoftask
Task: Task 2's description owneralias/timeoftask
etc.

Then when that feature is added to a new sprint, the tasks will be broken down automatically, assigned to the owner alias with the correct time.

Hope that helps.