TFS Integration

Topics: Feature Requests, Suggestions
May 8, 2007 at 7:02 PM
Is there any plans on integrating with TFS?
Does Tackle fallow the 'Agile Software Development with Scrum' process template?

Also, we have website where we enter PTO, this is the same as your 'OOF Hours'. I would like to be able to insert/update the records in Tackle when PTO hours are accepted or cancelled. This way we do not have to data enter these hours twice. Could you provide detail on the tables/Stored Procedures that I should look at?

Thanks
May 18, 2007 at 11:19 PM
We currently have no plans for integrating with TFS, as there is a separate Microsoft product which is specifically designed for Scrum and TFS. I haven't seen the Agile Software Development with Scrum process template, so I can't tell you how close we follow it. If you could point me to it, I will take a look and try to answer this more thoroughly.

I'll have our development lead respond on the PTO question.
Coordinator
May 21, 2007 at 12:12 AM
Is your PTO (I'm assuming that means personal time off) a predefined amount of time before a sprint starts or are you talking about time off after a sprint starts? Tackle handles both of those differently. Let me know and we can work from there on how to connect your PTO to Tackle's OOF.
May 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Here is the link to the scrum template: http://www.scrumforteamsystem.com/en/default.aspx = http://www.scrumforteamsystem.com/en/default.aspx

annasw wrote:
We currently have no plans for integrating with TFS, as there is a separate Microsoft product which is specifically designed for Scrum and TFS. I haven't seen the Agile Software Development with Scrum process template, so I can't tell you how close we follow it. If you could point me to it, I will take a look and try to answer this more thoroughly.

I'll have our development lead respond on the PTO question.

May 21, 2007 at 2:17 PM
seanjenkin ,

Yes you are correct PTO is paid time off.

As for your questions, a Scrum member could have predetermined time off before a sprint starts or they may schedule time during a sprint. Either way I would like to be able to let Tackle be aware of the time off when it is approved. I think what I would need to know is the tables that are affected and if there are stored procedures that I could use or modify.

Thanks

seanjenkin wrote:
Is your PTO (I'm assuming that means personal time off) a predefined amount of time before a sprint starts or are you talking about time off after a sprint starts? Tackle handles both of those differently. Let me know and we can work from there on how to connect your PTO to Tackle's OOF.

Coordinator
May 22, 2007 at 5:23 PM
There is a table tblSprintResources that contains the list of users per sprint and what OOF time they have. However the calculation column of AvailableSprintHours is done in the web page so you'd have to do that calculation if you were to update that table. However this table is used when setting up a sprint so I'm not sure if that's what you're wanting.

To add OOF / PTO time while a sprint is underway (ie. the resource took the time off), you'll need to update tables tblSprintBacklog and tblDailyScrumTimeUpdates. There are stored procedures to do that (UpdateActualRemainingTime and UpdateBacklogAndDailyTime). What I'd suggest is to open up the DailyScrumEntry.aspx.cs file and find the function OnUpdateTimeEntry() and ddQuickUpdate_SelectedIndexChanged. Those represent what happens when either you edit an entire row or use the "Add Time" dropdown to add actual/subject remaining time.

As long as you follow the logic there, you should be able to update OOF/PTO as you need.
Mar 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Hi Team

I have dowload the software and worked on some sample projects and show to our project team members. Every one is happy to implement the TACKLE.  We would like to have an option to upload the images ( screen shots) for the product back log. Do you have any plan of adding the screen shots in the product backlog.

Thanks

Arul